Question:
What proof do you need to show for Plan B over the counter?
AiokiNova
2011-05-23 18:29:09 UTC
My boyfriend is 18 and tomorrow he's going to go buy the Plan B at rite aid or CVS and what does he need to show to confirm he's 18? He doesn't have a license yet. He does have a credit card but i doubt that will do much will it? Does a school id do anything? What else can he show that he's 18?
Three answers:
?
2011-05-23 18:35:54 UTC
You can purchase Plan B if your 17 or older. If your 16 or younger yes he will have to buy it. Here is the answer to your question about what he can show to prove his age to buy Plan B.

I included the link where I got this info as there is a ton more information there you might like to see.

What are acceptable forms of proof of age for purchase of EC?

According to the agreement between Barr and the FDA, any government-issued identification is sufficient for proof of age. Examples of government-issued identification include but are not limited to:

United States passport (unexpired or expired).

Alien Registration Receipt Card or Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551.

An unexpired foreign passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp.

An unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service which contains a photograph, Form I-766; Form I-688, Form I-688A, or Form I-688B.

In the case of a nonimmigrant alien authorized to work for a specific employer incident to status, an unexpired foreign passport with an Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94, bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's nonimmigrant status, so long as the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the Form I-94.

A driver's license or identification card containing a photograph, issued by a state or an outlying possession of the United States. If the driver's license or identification card does not contain a photograph, identifying information shall be included such as: name, date of birth, sex, height, color of eyes, and address.

School identification card with a photograph.

Voter registration card.

U.S. military card or draft record.

Identification card issued by Federal, State, or local government agencies or entities. If the identification card does not contain a photograph, identifying information shall be included such as: name, date of birth, sex, height, color of eyes, and address.

Military dependent's identification card.

Native American tribal documents.

United States Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card.

Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority.
iloveyou.
2011-05-24 01:32:20 UTC
Do you have a Planned Parenthood in or near your town? There you do not have to show any form of id, at least if you are a current member. And it is free. As far as at a CVS or related store, I'm unsure what proof is ID you need, I have don't know anyone that has bought it over the counter.
2011-05-24 01:32:47 UTC
He needs to have some sort of ID issued by the state. School ID, credit cards, etc won't work. If you're old enough go get it yourself or have someone who has proper identification.