Question:
I am having worries about my baby I was already 4 months pregnant before I found out and was drinking heavily?
channa_alea
2006-01-24 19:23:51 UTC
Will my baby be okay? Very concerned
Five answers:
puttopal
2006-01-24 19:29:42 UTC
Definitely talk to your OB and pediatrician so he or she can be on the lookout for signs of fetal alcohol syndrome. Do what you can to take care of yourself now.

And for something to make you feel a little better, read "The Kid" by Dan Savage:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452281768/qid=1138159684/sr=8-14/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i14_xgl14/103-7381038-0421401?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

He and his partner adopted a baby whose bio mom spent six months drinking. The baby turned out fine.
adisa_charles
2006-01-24 19:26:25 UTC
I had the same kind of worries when I was pregnant! My baby is 7 months old and healthy and beautiful. My doctor said that chances are that if you made it that far that the baby is fine. But there is the reality of alcohol syndrome. Be careful
subatai_baadur
2006-01-24 19:29:52 UTC
Just make sure to stop drinking and eat as much as possible to try and negate the effects of drinking. Not sure what else to tell you at this point.
Wondering
2006-01-24 19:24:48 UTC
You may or you may not..and some problems wont be visible until the child gets in school. Did you tell your doctor this?
jthillam
2006-01-24 19:24:41 UTC
Talk with your doctor and get a ultrasound.