Question:
what maternal factors affect birth weight of child?
rozzi26
2006-03-15 17:32:07 UTC
a write up or already published work will greatly help.
Four answers:
rcruz1001
2006-03-15 17:33:33 UTC
Age

Genetics

Nutrition

Prenatal Care

Smoking
mrs.izabel
2006-03-16 12:55:07 UTC
Of course the obvious things drugs/smoking will affect your baby's child (will cause low birth weight, and countless many other problems). Genetics can also affect it (if you were a big baby, your husband was a big baby, your baby will probabaly be a big baby). If you eat healthy and a lot, that may affect your baby's weight too.

But then again, sometimes you can't predict if your baby will be big. My husband and I were average babies and my son came out at 9 lbs 14 oz. Even my doctor didn't know that I was going to have a big baby until the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. I also asked my OB if my son was big because I ate a lot, but he said no.
Melanie
2006-03-16 02:56:33 UTC
Also gestational diabetes causes larger babies.
mhb60719
2006-03-22 12:32:45 UTC
race,age, weight,height, nutrition, hypertension , diabetes, other systemic diseases, smoking , alcohol.