Question:
I was told that I am 5 weeks pregnant but my last period was 12/16/2005 and I calculated 8 wks.3868 is my rh.?
2006-02-13 11:46:59 UTC
no Spam
Six answers:
The Invisible Woman
2006-02-13 15:55:26 UTC
With my baby my last period was 12/29/04, but through my first ultrasound I found out that I was actually two weeks more pregnant than I thought. The ultrasound is always correct so you probably got pregnant after your last period and that made the next one not come.
kristin747
2006-02-13 19:56:41 UTC
Sometimes Dr's are off with their calculations concerning how far along a baby is, especially if your cycle is not a normal one. Some women have a 34 day cycle some 42 and so on. My last baby which is two months old right now was taken one month early because the doctor was seriously off by my due date saying that I was further along than I said. When she was born she had breathing problems and had to be put under oxygen for about 3 days. Although she is alright now this entire incident could have been avoided. If you are having serious problems and if their calculations are off then talk to your doctor. Don't take a chance with your baby's health.
my4dumplings
2006-02-13 23:35:59 UTC
There are many reasons that you may only be five weeks along.

The most likely reason is your time of ovulation. You probably ovulated later than 14 days and so aren't as pregnant as you thought.

Your 20 week sonogram (ultrasound) will give a more definitive time for you.

Your doctor will measure your uterus (if you haven't seen him yet) and that's a pretty good judge, too, of how far along you are. Mine have always been right on.
foreverjbr
2006-02-14 23:36:16 UTC
My last period was 12/17/2005 and I have long cycles. (31-33days) I found out on Jan.10th I was pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 5wks and 5dys which was on Jan. 26th. I am 8wks as of today. My doctor said I am due Sept. 23rd and she believes that won't change. I don't agree with her. I think I am due later.
reenzy22j
2006-02-13 20:48:31 UTC
Yes your doctor is way off but when you take a sonogram it will tell you how far along you are and when they measure your stomach, so give them some time, they did that to me and I'm 8mos pregnant
Katie R
2006-02-14 03:09:24 UTC
Sometimes doctors are off a little I went 5 days over my due date. I know plenty of people who went further then that or had them early doctor don't really know, they just give you an educated guess. congradulations