Question:
Those who had to travel long hours by air being pregnant - please, share ur experience!?
Lana
2006-03-30 22:05:25 UTC
I am aware of facts as dehydration, cabin pressure and other theoretical stuff. But I want to know from women, who actually experienced long flying in the 2nd trimester - how was it? What troubles did you have, what to do to minimize the risk? I will have to fly 10 hours at my 4 and then 6 months. I have no choice and am afraid.
One answer:
iieee_grrl
2006-03-30 22:17:36 UTC
I traveled from Tulsa, OK to Hawaii - an 8.5 hour flight, at 6 months. It was not too uncomfortable - just make sure they give you an aisle seat (to stretch your legs if you try to sleep), and make sure to get lots of water, and get up ever hour or so to walk. My legs cramped a bit about 5 hours in it, so I got up and stood in the back! The flight attendants on my flight were more than accomodating. Other than that, it wasn't bad at all (he did kick during takeoff, though. LOL!) Good luck!