Question:
When can I start birth control again?
Tinker Bell
2006-01-10 17:34:59 UTC
i am 23 weeks pregnant and dont want another baby until this one is at least 2 or 3, i know that having a baby increases your risks of getting pregnant again.
Four answers:
natandmark
2006-01-10 18:17:54 UTC
It depends on the type of birth control and whether or not you are breastfeeding. Talk with your OB. Typically they will say wait until your first period and start back. Relax and just enjoy being pregnant for now, it will all be over too soon.
hello
2006-01-11 01:38:43 UTC
You need to talk to your OB everyone is different. If you dont have one get one it's the best thing you can do for you and your child.
Cilla
2006-01-11 02:01:53 UTC
you can go on mini pill pretty much immediately after your child is born however if you are breastfeeding the chemicals you are putting into your body will also go into your baby. our OB recommended using condoms until finished breastfeeding.
Lilly
2006-01-11 01:35:49 UTC
I was allowed to go back on birth control after I stopped bleeding and had my first 'period'. It was about 2 months after I gave birth.