Question:
Home-pregnancy tests?
2006-04-08 00:57:18 UTC
I took a first-response pregnancy test which claims to detect pregnancy hormones 2-3 days before the missed period. I took the test 3 days after I had already missed mine. It came out negative, like the other ones I took. In the first place I had protected sex and the condom didnt break but because I was still stressed out, I took the morning-after pill. I also had sex 4 days after my period had ended... which makes it almost impossible for me to be pregnant. However, my period is 4-5 days late. Could this be because of the morning-after pill? Please help
Ten answers:
2006-04-08 01:08:21 UTC
I have to ask you a question...Why have sex if it is going to cause you so much stress after wards? You used a condom, you took a morning-after pill, you have taken several pregnancy tests, & you even planned the sex based upon when your period was. Is it worth all this stress and worry? How is sex even enjoyable, if you go thru this everytime? Maybe you should stop having sex, until you are more prepared to deal with any consequences.
texaschick
2006-04-08 08:01:32 UTC
It sounds to me like it might be because of the morning after pill. If the test came up negative then your not pregnant. Stressing about your period can make it come late as well. I would wait a few days and if you still haven't started I would go see my OBGYN because there is something that could be wrong other than being pregnant. Don't worry just breathe normal. I'm sure once you calm down about it and relax it will come. But don't forget if it doesn't contact your doctor because you still need to be looked at.
AbErCrombIe
2006-04-08 08:03:12 UTC
The morning after pill DOES mess with your hormones and your system is in total wack. Your period is not going to be what it use to be, until your body has adjust to the change. You should really contact your doctor about this. The morning after pill IS NOT 100%. Anyway, when did you take the pill, within 48 hours of sex right?
tacrj
2006-04-08 08:02:32 UTC
The morning after pill contains very high concentrations of hormones that will of course effect your natural and normal cycle.

Hand on a little and if things do not return to normal within a week then I suggest you have a professional test you!
daves_angel_anytime
2006-04-08 10:23:25 UTC
well the morning pill can mess up your period,it could be stress too but i am sure it will come.wait a week and see if it comes,if not you need to see your doctor. but i am also worried about myself and i am almost 3 weeks late but i dont take morning pills. but i hope this helps
2006-04-08 07:59:05 UTC
I found my period came a bit late after the morning after pill (I've taken it twice). If you're unsure go to your doctor.
2006-04-08 08:06:30 UTC
the morning after pill can make you be late also stress can. if you are really worried, see your doc. below is some info on the morning after pill
Missy
2006-04-08 08:00:02 UTC
It may just be the stress that is making you late....happened to me plenty of times and it turned out that i was not pregnant....wait a couple of weeks and then take another one if you haven't started yet...I don't think you are though. Stress can make you late.
2006-04-08 08:02:02 UTC
The morning-after pill can really screw with your period.
m_hooryar82
2006-04-08 08:27:50 UTC
there is pregnancy test in drugstores or pharmacy that you can buy and yourself do it and it is cheap and easy to use.